Jordan Peele Has Wrapped Filming On Mystery Project ‘Nope’

We have some good news for all you Jordan Peele fans! Filming has been completed on his most recent feature, Nope. It’ll be his third feature following the success of ‘Get Out’ and ‘Us’

Not much is known about this movie, but we do know it was shot on Kodak film, including 65mm film in IMAX format. So he shot this film for IMAX, which probably means he’s working with the biggest budget he’s ever worked with.

I’d expect this film to be “bigger” than his previous films. We know it has an impressive cast, which includes Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya and Steven Yeun.

We also know that Hoyte van Hoytema served as the cinematographer, which is pretty significant. Hoytema has worked on big films like Dunkirk, Interstellar and Tenet.

It’s clear Peele wanted to work with the best of the best for this feature. We still don’t know any details surrounding the film’s plot, but the poster is giving us a sci-fi/horror vibe.

‘Nope’ is expected to hit theaters on July 22, 2022, which means a trailer should drop sometime in late winter/early spring 2022. We’ll keep you posted.

Worker Severely Injured After Falling Over 60 Feet On The Set Of Upcoming Kevin Hart Comedy

Some terribly sad news to report today. A 38-year-old grip, who has not been named, is fighting for his life after falling at least 60 feet from a high platform early Tuesday morning at Sunset Gower Studios.

According to the reports, he fell through an opening while helping others get the place ready for shooting later in the day.

The man suffered severe trauma, and was initially listed in ‘grave’ condition. The on-set EMTs were able to restore a pulse, and firefighters transported the man to a regional trauma center. The man was upgraded to ‘critical’ condition, Humphrey said.

LAFD spokesman Brian Humphrey added that the man has a “fighting chance” of survival thanks to the quick work of the EMTs and paramedics.

Reports say the man had been working in the industry for several years. Thom Davis, business manager of IATSE Local 80, says there is conflicting reports on how the fall happened and they’re waiting to get all the facts.

In the meantime, filming on on the movie has been put on a pause. The film is a buddy comedy titled ‘Me Time‘ starring Kevin Hart and Mark Wahlberg.

IMDB describes the film with this logline…

Follows a Dad who finds time for himself for the first time in years while his wife and kids are away. He reconnects with a friend for a wild weekend.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the worker. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Wow! John Boyega Just Left Netflix Movie In The Middle Of Production, Family Reasons Cited

This is pretty shocking news. John Boyega had been in Louisiana since May filming the upcoming Netflix movie, Rebel Ridge.

But just this past week, he left production and cited “family reasons” as the cause.

The production is currently paused but we understand Netflix is working hard to find a replacement for the Star Wars actor and someone is likely to be drafted in in the next few days. Filming began on May 3rd in Louisiana.

According to the report, Boyega was one of the main stars in this movie, which makes it even more bizarre. You don’t see something like this happen all the time, where a lead actor just leaves in the middle of filming.

A Netflix spokesperson had this to say:

Rebel Ridge is pausing temporarily as we look to re-cast John Boyega who needed to leave the project for family reasons. We remain committed to Jeremy Saulnier’s extraordinary film and look forward to resuming production. We look forward to continuing our partnership with John Boyega’s UpperRoom Productions, in addition to our upcoming film They Cloned Tyrone in which he also stars.

The movie also stars AnnaSophia Robb, James Cromwell, Emory Cohen and Don Johnson.

Plot details are hard to come by, but the project is believed to explore systemic American injustice in the context of action, black humor, and suspense.

Hopefully Boyega’s family situation will have a happy ending.

Dwayne Johnson Makes Grand Reveal, ‘Black Adam’ Will Finally Begin Filming In Just Three Weeks!

If you’ve been waiting to watch Dwayne Johnson in the DC film ‘Black Adam‘ — you’re probably more than a little frustrated.

Johnson first signed on to play Black Adam way back in 2014. That’s right, seven years ago. It was announced just after the release of ‘Man of Steel’ when Warner Bros. had hopes of riding Zack Snyder’s DC Universe.

That obviously didn’t work out and the project kinda just floated around in the open sea for years.

But now? They’re ready to go. Johnson surprised fans by posting a video to his Instagram account, revealing he would begin filming ‘Black Adam’ in just three weeks.

He even shared the opening page of the script!

There is no official release date for this film, but filming will likely take a couple months, and then you have editing. I’m sure it’ll likely be pushed back to 2022. It was originally supposed to hit theaters this December, but that seems unlikely.

Black Adam will not only introduce the origin story of the titular character – who has been both hero and villain in DC comics – but will also bring forth the Justice Society of America, a group of heroes working together that includes Atom Smasher (Noah Centineo), Hawkman (Aldis Hodge), Cyclone (Quintessa Swindell), and Doctor Fate.

Warner Bros. Suspends ‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ Filming After Crew Member Tests Positive For COVID-19

It was looking like film sets were starting to figure out this COVID-19 thing. In the beginning, there were several productions forced to pause due to crew members testing positive.

But here lately, there hasn’t been as many, suggesting that the protocols on set have strengthened.

Unfortunately, we just learned that Warner Bros. has suspended filming for ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3‘ after a crew member tested positive for the virus.

A spokesperson for the studio released the following statement:

A team member from Fantastic Beasts 3 has tested positive for COVID-19. The diagnosis was confirmed as a result of required and ongoing testing that all production employees receive, and the team member is currently in isolation. Out of an abundance of caution, ‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ paused production and will be back up in accordance with safety guidelines.

Sounds like it’s under control, but you really don’t know yet if the crew member was able to spread it. It can take 10 (or maybe even 14 days) for symptoms to appear.

After being pushed back in March because of the pandemic, the film is still on track to be released on July 15, 2022.

SAG-AFTRA Says Most Productions Will Remain On Hiatus Until Mid-January Due To COVID-19 Surge

Los Angeles county is still in the middle of its worst COVID-19 surge, and the mayor has asked productions to delay filming until it eases up.

We know most productions were already on a break, due to Christmas vacation, but some were set to resume filming next week.

Now we are hearing from SAG-AFTRA president Gabrielle Carteris that many productions won’t return until at least mid-January.

We are writing to let you know that we are closely monitoring the recent surge in COVID-19 infections along with the reported lack of intensive care unit (ICU) beds throughout the state of California and particularly in Los Angeles County. This is deeply concerning to us all and we have taken immediate action to connect with our epidemiologists and public health experts regarding the surge in cities across the nation.

Most entertainment productions will remain on hiatus until the second or third week of January if not later.

So you notice they’re not saying “all” productions will be delayed, so we’re assuming there will be some movies/tv shows returning as soon as next week.

Who makes the decision on which projects can resume filming? I have no idea.

Gov. Gavin Newsom extended Southern California’s stay-at-home order on Tuesday for at least another three weeks, citing rising COVID-19 cases and rapidly dwindling hospital capacity. The current order will remain in place until ICU capacity projections reach 15%.

Looks like it’ll be a very slow January in Los Angeles, at least as far as production goes.

Tom Cruise Back In The U.K. To Resume Production On ‘Mission: Impossible 7’

After a brief Christmas break in Florida, Tom Cruise has returned to the U.K. to continue filming on Mission: Impossible 7.

He will be filming at Longcross Film Studios.

Longcross used to be a U.K. Ministry of Defence site used to test army tanks, but has since been redeveloped as studios, housing blockbuster productions including ‘Skyfall,’ ‘Thor: The Dark World’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’

Before the break, they were filming at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.

Some people are questioning if the return to production is the right move right now, considering most of the surrounding area is at the highest level of restrictions, due to the recent surge in cases.

But as we all know, Cruise is set on finishing this thing and making sure people have jobs for the time being. That’s one of the reasons he freaked out on his crew for breaking COVID-19 protocols.

The other reason being he’s an elite celebrity and he can talk to people however he wants and no one will say anything to him about it.

Anyway, the film is expected to complete filming at the new studio, and their hope is to not have anymore delays.

Mission: Impossible 7 is scheduled to be released in November 2021.

Filming Has Started In Italy On The Psychological Thriller ‘State of Consciousness’

The pandemic is still spreading around the world, but Hollywood is slowly figuring out how to film safely, so production has started on a number of movies.

The latest film to begin production? The psychological-thriller ‘State of Consciousness’ starring Emile Hirsch.

Filming has started in Italy. According to reports, they started on Tuesday in the port city of Bari in the Southern Apulia region. In the movie, Hirsch plays a young man trapped in an institution where he is forced to take meds for a mental disorder he doesn’t have.

The flick is being directed by Markus Stokes, who has worked as a director primarily in the TV world. He has directed episodes of Roswell, The Rookie, Criminal Minds, Supergirl, and the list goes on and on.

State of Consciousness is tapping into Italy’s tax incentives for production, which currently provide a rebate of up to 40%.

Basically, they’re getting a 50% off coupon. Not a bad deal at all.

No word on a potential release date, but it’ll likely be sometime in 2021. We’ll keep you posted.

James Cameron Reveals Filming On ‘Avatar 2’ Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ Is Close To Being Completed As Well

Believe it or not, the ‘Avatar‘ sequels are still coming. The original ‘Avatar’ film was released back in 2009, and you all know the story. It was a huge hit and made over $2 billion worldwide at the box office.

Now, 11 years later, James Cameron is knee deep in making multiple sequels. He announced that he has plans to make five total films in the franchise.

In a new interview, Cameron revealed that filming on ‘Avatar 2’ is 100% complete. He also revealed that filming on the third film is already 95% complete.

We’re very lucky in that we chose this as our production site years ago. We made the first film here in New Zealand and it turns out to be ranking first or second best country in the world for its COVID response.

We’re able to operate. We’re able to shoot and have a more or less normal life here. We were very fortunate, so I don’t see any roadblocks to us getting the picture finished, getting both pictures finished.

But due to COVID-19 hitting, the production was delayed nearly five months earlier this year, so they were forced to move back the release date of all the films.

In July, Disney moved all the Avatar sequels, setting Avatar 2 on December 16, 2022 and Avatar 3 on December 20, 2024. The fourth and fifth pictures are due in 2026 and 2028.

So if all goes according to plan, the fifth film in the franchise will be released nearly 20 years after the first movie.

The big question is, will people still care about these movies in 2028? Hard to tell, but I suppose it’s all dependent on how the first few sequels are received.

Tom Hanks Paid For Portions Of ‘Forrest Gump’ Production Out Of His Own Pocket, And It Was A Very Smart Decision

Tom Hanks has been in a number of great movies, but he’s probably still best known for his role in the 1994 classic Forrest Gump.

During an interview with Graham Bensinger, Hanks talked about how he and director Robert Zemeckis seemed to believe in the film more than Paramount did.

The studio was being tight with their money during the filming, and at certain points, Hanks and Robert had to pay for things out of their own pockets. Hanks said the scene of Gump running across the country wouldn’t have happened if Paramount had their way.

They thought the scene was too expensive, so they told Robert to cut it.

And he said, ‘Well, this run is going to cost X amount of dollars.’ And it wasn’t cheap. And I said, ‘OK’. He said, ‘You and I are going to split that amount, and we’re going to give it back [to Paramount]. We’ll give you the money back, but you guys [Paramount] are going to have to share the profits a little bit more.’ Which the studio said, ‘Fabulous, great. OK.’ And it was good for us, too.

They were forced to pay for another scene as well, though he did not reveal which one. And while it was a risky move for Hanks at the time, it turned out to be a smart decision because he ended up making over $60 million when the film became a worldwide hit.

Another fun tidbit? Hanks admits he struggled with the character so much at first that the first three days of shooting were scrapped.

Bob said, ‘Look, I know what you are trying to do. I know how nervous you are and how self-conscious this can be before we get into the groove. But we’re not going to use any of these first three days because I don’t think you’ve got it. You haven’t got the character.’ And I said, ‘I don’t. I don’t. You’re right.’ And he just said, ‘Don’t try so hard.’ And from that, everything settled down in a moment’s notice.