Sylvester Stallone Done With Rambo Franchise, But Still Has New Ideas For Creed 2

Published On January 6, 2016 » 918 Views» By Z-rowe »

syl

During an extensive interview with Variety, Sylvester Stallone talked about his plans for both the Rocky/Creed franchise and the Rambo franchise. This time last year it looked like we would be getting at least one more Rambo film, but now it looks like Stallone has decided to pull the plug on the idea.

Even though he had been training for the role for almost a year, the 69-year-old actor has realized his body just can’t handle it anymore…

“The heart’s willing, but the body says, ‘Stay home!’ It’s like fighters that go back for one last round and get clobbered. Leave it to someone else…. [Rambo 4] was so brutal.”

But he’s not finished with the Creed franchise. Not even close. After the success of the first film, why would anybody walk away from it? He told Variety that he and director Ryan Coogler have been discussing a few story ideas for Creed 2.

“One option would be a linear story with Adonis that mirrors the plot of ‘Rocky IV.’ You’ll have him face a different opponent, which I would say is a more ferocious, big Russian.”

The second option? Well, it appears to be the option Stallone is most excited about. A “Godfather II”-like sequel set in the past before Apollo’s death. “There’s a lot there.” Stallone claims, while also revealing he bumped into Carl Weathers recently, who apparently looks “as imposing as ever.”

[mashshare]


Comments

comments

Share this post
Tags

About The Author

25-year-old freelance writer. Zachary writes. He's a writer. He is writing this right now. I don't like him. You shouldn't either.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *