Report: Wesley Snipes Might Be Returning To Blade Franchise

Published On September 3, 2014 » 1028 Views» By Z-rowe »

bl

At 52-years-old, Wesley Snipes is working hard to prove he can still be a successful actor. After appearing in The Expendables 3, a new report claims Snipes is close to agreeing on a $3 million deal to return for Blade 4.

The report comes from The New York Daily News. The source claims things are “looking good” but it’s a difficult rumor to believe at the moment. As we all know, Snipes was just released from prison in 2013. He spent over two years in prison for tax evasion.

We realize Marvel still owns the right to the franchise, and they are obviously not afraid to take chances and recast. However, this would be a pretty risky move, especially when you consider how much drama he caused on the set of Blade: Trinity.

Patton Oswalt spoke at length about Wesley’s antics a few years ago. He claims Snipes accused the crew of being racist, tried to strangle the director and says he would spend all day in his trailer smoking weed. He apparently only showed up for close-ups.

It will be interesting to see this develop. We know Snipes would love to take on the role again.

“I’d love to get back in the suit again and do some things I’ve learned how to do now that I didn’t know how to do then.” He told MTV earlier this year.

What do you think, folks? Would you go watch it?

[mashshare]


Comments

comments

Share this post
Tags

About The Author

25-year-old freelance writer. Zachary writes. He's a writer. He is writing this right now. I don't like him. You shouldn't either.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *