George Miller Claims He’s Finished With The ‘Mad Max’ Franchise, Find Out Why Inside!

Published On January 12, 2016 » 741 Views» By Z-rowe »

mad

Earlier this month, it seemed like George Miller was considering a return to the Mad Max universe. He told Entertainment Weekly that Charlize Theron‘s Furiosa was a “pretty compelling character” and would make for a great Mad Max spin-off film.

And he still might believe that, but after hearing the comments he gave at the Golden Globes, it’s clear he doesn’t want to be the one directing the potential spin-off.

The Mad Max: Fury Road director told Page Six the following…

“I won’t make more Mad Max movies. I’ve shot in Australia in a field of wild flowers and flat red earth when it rained heavily forever. We had to wait 18 months and every return to the US was 27 hours. Those ‘Mad Maxes’ take forever. I won’t do those anymore.”

We all knew filming Fury Road was brutal, but it certainly seemed to be worth it. It’s already received several awards and it was just recently announced as the best-reviewed film of 2015 by Rotten Tomatoes. It scored an incredible 97% rating on the site.

But we must remember Miller will be 71-years-old in just a few months. He’s had a ridiculously successful career in Hollywood. Why not end one of his most beloved franchises on the highest of notes? You can’t blame the guy.

[mashshare]


Comments

comments

Share this post
Tags

About The Author

25-year-old freelance writer. Zachary writes. He's a writer. He is writing this right now. I don't like him. You shouldn't either.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *